If you’re looking for a festive dessert that’s fruity and fresh and not a cookie, cake, or candy; you should definitely try this recipe for 'Coconut Panna Cotta with Spiced Cranberry Orange Compote by @thezestylime!
Rebecca has tried a few different variations while recipe testing, and found that Nature's Charm Evaporated Coconut Milk gives the best texture and flavour to the panna cotta (it has a much milder coconut flavour than regular coconut milk)!
It’s creamy and smooth and makes for a great gluten-free option or a lighter sweet treat in between all the Christmas baking (soon to come!) And because it’s poured and served in glasses (or jars), there’s no need to stress about it not setting properly!
Ingredients (Panna Cotta):
- 1 can Natures Charm evaporated coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Natures Charm sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp agar agar
- Heat evaporated coconut milk, sweetened condensed coconut milk, and vanilla at medium high for 5-6 minutes until liquid is hot but not boiling.
- Whisk in agar agar and cook for another 2-3 minutes. if it gets close to boiling turn heat down.
- Remove from heat and pour through strainer into glasses, about 1-2 inches deep, depending on the glass.
- Chill in fridge for 3-4 hours or overnight until set.
- Spoon cranberry compote on top and sprinkle with orange zest.
Ingredients (Spiced Cranberry Orange Compote):
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1/3 cup orange juice (3 small oranges, ie. clementines)
- zest from 2 small oranges
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 pinches ground cloves
- 2 pinches ground nutmeg
- 2 pinches allspice
- Combine all ingredients except orange zest in a pot and simmer at medium heat until cranberries start to break apart (approx. 20-25 mins)
- Add orange zest and cook until texture starts to get jammy.
- Remove from heat. if you prefer a chunky compote, allow to cool and spoon on top of panna cotta.
- For a smooth texture, either blend completely with stick blender, or press through a strainer with a spoon to remove the skins and use only the smooth cranberry sauce.
Recipe by Rebecca; IG@thezestylime!
If you give this a try, be sure to let us know in the comment section below, and let us know what other recipes you wish to see. Don’t forget to snap a picture of your epic creation for Instagram, and tag us at @souleygreen @naturescharmsg with the hashtag #souleygreen #naturescharmsg if you do - we love seeing your recreations!