As Asians, we grew up with our comfort food (and drinks) from our local coffee shops or hawker centres. It's also a common sight to see our 'drink store uncles' "pulling" tea continuously (picture reference below):
(picture credit: pinterest)
This drink, popularly known as Teh Tarik, is a popular hot milk tea beverage here in Southeast Asian Countries! Its name is derived from the pouring process of "pulling" the drink during preparation. However, this drink contains traditional condensed milk which contains dairy.
We were so excited when Hana and Hero, the creators behind @whynotplant on IG, created this vegan Teh Tarik recipe for everyone to enjoy! Now you get to sip on this comfort drink at home, especially in this current chilly weather.
Get pullin' & sippin'!
- 2 TBSP + 30ML Nature's Charm Evaporated Coconut Milk
- 5 TBSP Nature's Charm Condensed Coconut Milk
- 5 Black tea bags (of choice)
- Add 500ml hot water to 5 teabags (black tea) and steep for 2 mins. Remove the teabags.
- Add 5 tbsp Nature's Charm Condensed Coconut Milk and 2 tbsp Nature's Charm Evaporated Coconut Milk into tea.
- Add in extra 30ML Nature's Charm Evaporated Coconut Milk for a creamier and frothier tea. Pouring the tea from a high angle also help made it frothier.
Photo and recipe by: Hana & Hero | IG@whynotplant
We'd love to see how your Vegan Teh Tarik turned out! Tag us on IG at @SouleyGreen and @NaturesCharmsg, along with the hashtags #souleygreen #naturescharmsg.
Shop Our #REDUCE items