Not many know that Panna Cotta is an Italian dessert that translates into the words "cooked cream". It's an elegant and simple-looking dessert often made with sweetened cream and thickened with gelatin.
She's picked an exotic array of summer fruits (kiwi, figs, blueberries) to serve the panna cotta with, but you're welcome to try it with your own favourite fruits, like strawberries or raspberries!
Personally, we love how NourishPlant's recipe makes panna cotta such an accessible and delicious vegan dessert! Here goes:
- 1 can Natures Charm all-natural coconut milk (400ml)
- 2.5 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp agar agar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Wild blueberries
- Drizzle with vegan honey/maple syrup
- In a saucepan with low heat, add coconut milk, maple syrup, agar agar, vanilla extract and stir until the agar agar has been melted.
- Continue stirring for about 30 seconds before transferring to a container or ramekin voted with coconut oil.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight and serve with toppings.
Recipe by: NourishPlant
Why not try your hand at this Italian dessert with a twist? We'd love to see how yours turned out! 😉 Tag us on IG at @SouleyGreen and @NaturesCharmsg, along with the hashtags #souleygreen #naturescharmsg.