Can anyone ever resist a FUDGY and GOOEY brownie? Well, certainly not for us (and brownie lovers out there!) This fudgy chocolate vegan brownie recipe is all you will ever need; especially if you are looking for a dairy-free alternative. You would not need eggs or butter for this one - yay!
This recipe also contains one of our top favourites - Nature's Charm Coconut Chocolate Fudge Sauce! YUM ;) As our fudge can be sweet on its own, do adjust the amount of sugar used in your recipe. We would recommend 1/4-1/2 sugar.
Today, we are featuring Shu Hui, a home baker who always amazes us with snaps of her fabulous home-baked goodies on her Instagram. From bread to hot cross buns and layered cakes - she does it all!
Fudgy Vegan Brownies
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
70g Nature's Charm coconut chocolate fudge sauce
1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 2.5 tbsp water)
1/4-1/2 cup sugar (depending on how sweet you want your brownies)
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1/3 cup neutral flavoured oil
3/4 plant-based milk
1. Make the flax eggs by stirring the ground flax and water in a small bowl. Set aside to thicken. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius and line a 7x11 pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, stir in plant-based milk of choice, oil, chocolate fudge sauce and sugar together. Add the flax egg and vanilla, whisk until evenly combined.
3. In the same large bowl, sift in the flour and cocoa powder. Add baking powder and baking soda, and stir until just combined. Do not over mix.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out the top. Bake for 30-35 minutes. *Brownies will firm up more as they cool.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes before pulling the brownies out. Cool for another 15-30 minutes before slicing and serving.
*Note: In the photo, a layer of banana was added in between the brownie layers. Feel free to recreate this or add your own spin!
Recipe by: Shu Hui; IG@plant.iful
Edited by: Souley Green
If you give this a try, be sure to let us know in the comment section below, and let us know what other recipes you wish to see. Don’t forget to snap a picture of your epic creation for Instagram, and tag us at @souleygreen @naturescharmsg with the hashtag #souleygreen #naturescharmsg if you do - we love seeing your recreations!